Who are Stephen Ministers?
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A member of Calvary Baptist Church
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there is a need
What do Stephen Ministers do?
The Stephen Ministers listen to you, care for you, support and encourage you, and pray with and for you. And in the midst of this confidential, one-to-one, caring relationship, God’s healing love comes pouring through.